Am I allowed an opinion (and what happens when I do!)


This is my two girls - and they have an opinion on everything.
I don't quell or quash their opinions as I believe its a part of growing up! I know for a fact that Bel loves crusty bread but is of the opinion that all other bread is horrible. Car is still getting into opinions but I know that at the moment in her very vocal opinion Sam Sam (thats Fireman Sam) to you and me is better than anything else on tv (even Peppa Pig!).
So what would you do if you weren't allowed an opinion, a voice to let them be heard by. Apparently as a blogger my opinion doesn't matter as long as it is the same as everyone else. I am not allowed to be different because I am then called a freak.
But according to the European Convention of human rights I have the right to hold my own opinion, I don't think that by blogging I need to upheld any law. I only uphold what I think is fair and just and you know if this upsets or annoys you don't read it. I have a right to my own voice, I am an individual. If I don't want to read about what you are up to today - I can check read all in my reader (this doesn't mean I will it just means I can).

There have beeen times when I have got irate about something and I have started to write it out, then saved it in draft, had a drink and come back and not published it. That is my right, my choice and today this is my choice - it is my choice to publish this, it is my opinion and if that means I alienate some of you then so be it. Today you have upset the wrong person and if it means you call me a Bitch then so be it. BTW Bitch in our house stands for Beautiful, Intelligent, Tall, Cheesy and Happy!
I will not be intimidated - I will not get upset by this. You wanna bully me go ahead but let it be known that I will blog it all.

BNMx

Comments

  1. Abso-freakin-lutely, honey. Well said
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, as someone who has been faced with censorship, I can agree that, if its done for no good reason it bloody sucks! But sadly thats the way of the blogging community sweetie, and I think we all have to rise above- or use my mantra- face the backlash and post it anyway! Sod em if they don't like what you say, we, as you quite rightly point out live in a society which advocates freedom of speech and so if a minority of narrow minded moronic individuals don't like it, then tough.

    Well said, an excellent post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you! I too have written my opinions in a certain forum so I'm waiting for the backlash to start! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. @amylane - it may have been same forum for me - so yes waiting for backlash here too!! But you know sod em all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said. I also believe that if someone copies my words (and opinions) that are written wherever, they should at least have the decency to tell me - I've got a disclaimer to similar effect on my blog. My words are my intellectual property and shouldn't be reproduced without my permission. I'm wondering if I should now have to put that in my signature on forums...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am with you on this one. I am all for diversity in all forms including opinions

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, well said indeed. We are all entitled to an opinion; I dare say I have lost readers because of my paranormal involvement but that's the way it is, we are all different and we would be boring if we were all the same with the same opinion. I have noticed too on a lot of blogs I read, that if anyone says something "different" then they get bounced upon.

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course you are entitled to your opinion and the ability to post it. If someone doesn't like what you have to say - and feels the need to voice their opinion, then they should "respectfully" have their say. If they can't do that - then they should quietly click away. It's all about respect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally agree with Gigi that it's about respect. I am intrigued by what you wrote now that you think is so inflammatory - need to dig back and take a look at what you've posted (sorry, not been v good with my reader since coming back from hols!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Unfortunately, I've JUST agreed with everything you've just said! Which is disappointing as I like a gripe!!

    If you need a tag partner let me know (as I've just said I like a gripe!).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well I am beyond intrigued as to what has happened. But you're absolutely right. This is your space to say whatever the hell you want to and long may you continue. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm wondering what I've missed! Pray tell?? -HMx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep just another standing shoulder to shoulder with you. Say what you feel and stand by it. We are all different and should be true to ourselves. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know me, a spade's a spade and I don't beat around,the bush, but I am dying to know what has prompted this! You should be able to pass your opinion all you want x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've no idea what's going on at the moment in the blogging world, but I'm seeing a lot of this sort of post. Your blog is just that - yours, write what you like.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont