There are 123 days until Christmas....

Ha Ha , I know I am so funny aren't I - kids aren't back in school yet and here's me going on about Christmas.



Image: Clare Bloomfield / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Anyway before you leave, I'll explain why I thought I better let you know.

I have already bought a Christmas present for Bel.

Last year,as money was tight (and so it will be again), I started buying bits in October. And when I mean bits, they were meant to be stocking fillers but when it came to emptying my filing cabinet drawer (in work) and bringing them home, we realised that we had plenty to have as stocking fillers and as also extra presents. The girls were amazed at how many presents Santa had bought them and were bouncing for days.

So anyway, having less places to shop around town this year (recession has hit town centre hard) I have decided to start early and try and get a few things when I see them. Luckily for me, the Book Club people, come to us in the office and the first small present/stocking filler I have bought Bel is the following:



The Magical World of Milligan by Spike Milligan which contains funny poems and stories. As Bel's reading has improved dramatically her thirst for reading is getting stronger. She loves poems and will when reading them remember them and then recite them back at you!

Another good thing that has happened is that Car has understood that Christmas will be coming soon, and so know after looking at her favourite book (read Argos catalogue) she will sit there and say :" When I'm a big piggy and its Cissmass I want...." So far we seem to have a got many I wants sitting on the Cissmass list!!

BNMx

Comments

  1. With my baby being due on 22nd December I am already on the countdown to Christmas!
    A great present I've compiled in previous years, (I have 3 little sisters), is a giant lucky dip. It's both cheap and effective. Buy 15-20 small pressies, wrap individually, shred lots of old documents and throw shredding + pressies into a large box. Giftwrap box. It keeps kids amused for hours on Xmas day and can be very inexpensive :)

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I bought a couple of stocking fillers for my daughter yesterday as well! Great minds.

    I did order my Christmas cards in March, though, so I think I win (I got Photobox ones with photos of us in the snow and there was an offer on)!

    PS Would you believe Tesco have started selling tins of Quality Street ready for Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nooooooo, is that all the time left? I have decided on one gift already and my eldest is pondering his way through the argos catalogue too lol. Pre 'small children' I used to be finished by the end of October, now I find it harder to be organised. Still, you could have waited until September to post lol. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Weebeastie - well fingers crossed baby comes on time, Car was meant to be a Christmas Eve baby but arrived two weeks later - I still managed to eat Christmas dinner tho!

    @WorkingMum - Christmas cards in March is definately a winner - I always end up buying cards in the sale and then I put them down in a really safe place and end up buying more!!

    @Jen 123 is a nice round number - sorry!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agggghhhhh!!!!!! You've hit that guilt button extra hard! I used to be so organized about Christmas and would have started by now - but lately? It's been a last minute rush. But thanks for the heads up just the same, because I know this year will be tight for us too, so I'd better start stocking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I am scared! I have also started buying bits though and like you, ended up with too many last year. So this time I will try harder to buy less as my kids do nto appreciate it when they get too much. The book looks great. Mich x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont