Things I have learnt after being camping

  • Don't take 2 hyperactive children who have been stuck in a car for 4 hours into Waitrose, they will surely embarass you and run amok! (plus I'm definately not posh enough for this supermarket as the looks I got when I didn't keep control of my children were withering!!)
  • When checking weather forecast before camping and you see sunny spells - don't believe it and take more than one pair of trousers for yourself, plus more than one jumper for children!!!
  •  Also, as weather is so bloody cold remember to take pj's for yourself and hubby so you don't freeze your asses off.
  • Remember also to let kids get to point of tiredness and nearly fall asleep on you before putting them into beds as you will only end up with 4 in a double air bed (which is not very comfortable) but you will at least then be warm! (we didn't do this the first night and so 4 in air bed it was!!)
  • Remember that Car is a clingy so and so, and any hope you have of taking photos or having time to walk by yourself will not be happening. Try and pack pushchair next time! 
  • Enjoy yourself at all times, even if it rains and you are looking extremely attractive in wellies and dirty jeans!
These are just some of the points I learnt from our days away - we had a wonderful time but it was a tiny bit cold and we will go again but earlier in summer!!  More details of our days out will follow soon.

BNMx

    Comments

    1. Camping can be a challenge, but if I just go with it all it is great. Glad you had a good time

      ReplyDelete
    2. I used to take my kids camping and was camp commandant mum to keep them in order, wasn't always as much fun as I remember - i find rolling with it very difficult

      ReplyDelete
    3. Sounds very tiring. But possibly the stuff memories are made of?

      ReplyDelete
    4. I love camping. Or at least that is what I'm trying to convince myself as we can't afford anything else at the moment!

      ReplyDelete
    5. I don't camp. Have tried it a time or two and it's too much for me. But, as someone else said, these are the things that memories are made of. I'm glad you guys went and had a good time even if it was cold and wet. You'll look back and laugh.

      ReplyDelete
    6. I do love camping and I think it is definately the stuff of memories - we used to camp as kids. I do understand now that it is hard work and yes I think you do have to be quite commandmer like especially when kids are not prone to being quite at 6 am!!
      BNM x

      ReplyDelete
    7. No-one is posh enough for Waitrose. But Squeaky can claim something I can't - she's had her dinner in the Abergavenny shop. Admittedly in the baby change/feeding cupboard, not the cafe, but I'm neither posh nor rich enough to afford to feed myself there.

      ReplyDelete
    8. We're about to go camping - I'm feeling a bit mixed about it to be honest. In theory I'm on for it, in practice I'm on for a luxury hotel. Hmmm.

      ReplyDelete
    9. * other supermarkets are available.

      Glad you had a good time.

      Mad x

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Hello everyone, please leave me a comment because you know I go mad(der!) if you dont