I am not guilty

I am very annoyed!

I opened my email and found this :


Yes I am a working mum but do I feel guilty .. NO.
With me being the only working parent, I work to feed and look after my family. But even if we won the lottery or came into money (highly unlikely!) I would still work. I love my job, yes the students and staff may annoy me but I work with lovely people in the office and I do have lovely friends here. I love being able to have some time where I'm appreciated for me, not for being a mum. I'm not dissing stay at home mums here by the way - I admire you and I know that I don't think I could do it.

According to the email - I opened it angrily - "Niggling guilt seems to come with the territory if you're a working mum".  There was a quiz - so I did it just to be fair and my results came back as:

You’re a delegator

Sure, you feel frazzled most of the time. > this is so true
And, like virtually every working mum, you sense that you’re muddling through.
(um no, we get on and we do, I don't muddle do I?)
However, you have one thing on your side, which makes the almighty juggling act a little less stressful for you: you’re an excellent delegator.> I knew that ! HA!
Chances are, you have a supportive partner > He's there, he loves me and currently he has no job so he can get on with it!
As a result, although you might not like it, you know the sky won’t fall in if you can’t make it to school sports day this year.> I have only missed one so far!
Of course, life doesn’t always run smoothly. Sometimes, you might feel you should do more with your child, that your home could be more sparkling and that you rely too often on ready meals. > I don't do a sparkling house and honestly the kids don't eat ready meals. I do loads with the girls both in the evening and on weekends.

Anyway it seems after all that, that they agree with me. I don't feel guilty for being in work. Yes, I get tired and narky especially when its busy at work but one hug each from the girls is all it mostly needs. (On odd occasions, I may have to shout just a little bit!!)

So what about you, do you work, do you have the guilts?

BNM

Comments