Rugby's a coming...

Now I know that Friday is a great day for all of us but this Friday is extra exciting here in the land of the Gods! Friday is the first match of the Six Nations Championship and we (as in the Welsh team, not me) are playing tomorrow night. If your not in the now, the Six Nations is a rugby championship with teams from Wales, Ireland, England, Scotland, France and Italy competing against each other.

Tomorrow night the most important game for me is the Wales v England game that kicks off at 7.45pm  in the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff. Now I've been lucky enough to watch a game of rugby there and can I tell you the atmosphere is fantastic. Unfortunately as this game is one of the most important games for us Welsh fans, I am not going to be there. But tomorrow night kids are going to be put to bed on time, we are going to get some cider in and I'm going to scream and shout at 'our bois' and the f&$^ing ref a lot.

Now I do love you lot a lot, but I have to tell you something - when the rugby's on I will support Wales all the way. I also wish that we'll beat the English tomorrow. I will also throughout the championship support anyone that plays England. Its not that I have anything against the English (I mean I'm writing this in English) but this is more than that, this is about a nations pride, about playing our hardest, about blood, sweat and tears...

Anyway, I'll leave you with the stereophonics singing a song that says all this better than me.



BNM

PS Yes, I will probably come grovelling back on Saturday- with my tail between my legs when we've probably lost !

Comments